Thursday 3 May 2012

My Mugs Need to get All Up in this Swag

http://knotworkshop.bigcartel.com/

This. This is what needs to happen to my mugs when I drink tea.

That, and about thirty others on this website. I particularly have my eyes on "the status is not quo" and "release the kraken". This is what tea needs to become all about. Not as a niche product, but as an equalizer. Something for all of us to enjoy, in whatever crude and silly fashions we choose. Not to be sipped from delicate bone china cups (even though there's nothing wrong with pretty little cups), pursing our lips and looking down on one other. Tea used to be everywhere, it used to be for everyone. Scholars, serfs, queens, kings, merchants... the course of our history was changed by the pursuit of tea. That was a long time ago... not necessarily a better time, just a time.

I see a culture changing, I see tea leaving the hands of the rich and making its way back into the peasants hands. As it should, as it will. Life is just a big clock after all; time for peace, time for war, time for rebellion, time for rebuilding. Tea time. And then tomorrow, all those times will have to come again. Just around, and around, and around....

Why am I drinking no tea while writing this blog? And as if to vex me further, a snarky salesmen knocks on the door as soon as those words fly from my fingers. Begone snarky salesmen! Sell me not your PVR and your fiber-optics internet! Bollocks!

Hoo, boy. Maybe I need that tea mug cozy more then I realized. I'll have to make do with kitty mug today, it would seem. I'm just completed enamored with the product, for the following reasons:
1. My tea gets cold too quickly; it forces me to heat up my water to the temperature of the Fires of Modor.
2. While my stomach and heart are those of a king, the skin on my hands are those of a woman; meaning, if I'm getting tea to go, its always double cupped and double sleeved.
3. In the "About Me", aptly named "Who Makes This Crap?", she has identified as a professional hooker. A woman after my own heart.

Anyways, its a cranky day, full of wind and spits of rain, drawn down with heavy grey clouds. No warm summer weather the soothsayers (ie. meteorologists) are predicting, making me feel cheated and chilly. Tea will always do great in lifting my spirits.

The kettle screams from the kitchen, a battered old metal war lord, rescued from a second hand store. Today, it sounds oddly triumphant. Adieu, my sweet sippers.

No comments:

Post a Comment