Saturday 5 May 2012

Too Hung Over, Need More Tea.

Hey, just because I'm a teetotaler doesn't mean I don't enjoy my drinks like anyone else; last night was the first night I've got right piss-faced since the school year started.

But I digress.

I am far too hung over to try to pull a commentary about tea out of my poor achy butt, and I've decided to devote the day to watching Game of Thrones, and looking at funny pictures. Also, I have the wrong tea to set myself back up again; all that's in the house is an cheap herbal blend of ginger and lemon that's been gathering dust in the back of my tea cupboard (it's crowded in there). While the ginger has been great for my nausea and headache, and the lemon soothed my throat from all the screaming, its just not doing the trick for me, and I SUFFER.

(I didn't realize the caps lock was still on, but I'm leaving it. Drama be damned, I'm cranky and I'd kill a man for a Klondike bar right now. Or a grill cheese sandwich. Moving on.)

The tea you really want for a hangover (god damn it, I got sucked into posting) is a combination of three teas from different parts of the world, and feels like rocket fuel for human beings. You must steep 4 teaspoons of yerba mate (an herb related to the holly plant, commonly found in Brazil) for five minutes in 8oz of hot water. Meanwhile, get yourself good quality matcha powder (god help you if its poor quality, you might as well be licking up dust bunnies for nutrition, not to mention taste), and froth up one teaspoon into hot water with your trusty bamboo whisk (get one, matcha lovers, its worth it.)

Pour the two together, add a serving of your favourite, and I can not stress this enough, trusted ginseng tincture. Don't except a tincture blend, and my personal favourite is Panax Ginseng, for its crazy energy punch. Add what ever sugars, milks, flavours you want. You're done! Sip it back, and wait for the pain relief. Also, massive energy rush. In fifteen minutes, you would never know you had spent all night drinking. And running around downtown. Peeing in a bush. Falling over. Getting dirt on your fanciest knickers. Ugh, where is my magical hangover drink?

That's it, that's all I'm giving you today, monkeys. Run along now, Mommy has a headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment